Friday, May 15, 2009

Day at the Nursery

Both kids were in school today and I had the day off work. We've had a typical Alberta May with regards to weather... 1 good day and then cold, snowy, rainy, more cold and generally, crap. I'm sick of this weather and want it to just be warm already! Today was not too bad. After a brisk morning (-2C), it started to warm up and I wanted to go flower shop. I'm in the planning stages of what is going in the garden this year so was just going to be window shopping today. Besides, it's too cold to plant anything yet.
Anyway, here a re a couple pictures I took at the nursery. At least these pictures can tied me over until I can plant the real deal.


These guys all have their backs to me. Camera shy?







These geraniums did a strange number to my camera. The majority of the pictures with a sea of red came out looked way over saturated and fuzzy looking. Strange! Too much overload for the sensor perhaps?







More camera-shy guys.







Just for fun, I desaturated one of the yellow ones. My kid thinks they look dead. Then he said, "cool".


The second nursery I went to today has this little pond in the back. I saw the Canada Geese as soon as I pulled up and wanted to get a picture of them. Here is the male posing.


This is the mom and dad. The dad is squawking at some ducks for getting too close to the mama's nest.


This is the troublemaker mallard that got the geese all upset.

No comments: