Saturday, May 23, 2009

It's Devon Days

It's the most exciting weekend of the year in our little town, Devon Days! The fire works are set of at the end of our block so we have a great view of them from our own backyard.












This morning was the parade. For the first time ever, Devon Minor Baseball had a float in the parade and all of my boys were in it.

Here comes the DMB float!



There's my little guy right in the middle looking my direction and waving:



There is my big guy, giving out candy to all the kids. We bought over $90 in candy and ran out half way down the street.



Here is the president (my husband) and vice president (his buddy) on the back of the float. When the vice prez spotting me, he yelled out "PICTURES!!" and was smiling and waving to me just like a little kid spotting his mommy at the parade. Too funny!



This is our neighbour and the boys Taekwon Do instructor breaking a board. I think he was showing off for the camera. Ha!



Today was Sunday in the Park down at the Lion's Campground. Just a few shots from there:





The clown was there making balloons for the kids. This is a monkey in a palm tree with a bunch of bananas!



Pirate sword.

2 comments:

diane holdsworth said...

ohhhhhhhh
i didnt at first realise that you captured the tai kwan do guy in mid air.

great pic

actually it is a good record of small town life at its best

Candra said...

thanks Diane!
We love this little town, it's amazing.